Kupariteollisuuspuisto is a responsible actor who, in addition to economic responsibility, assumes responsibility for the wellbeing of people and the environment.
Corporate responsibility is typically divided into three categories: economic, social and environmental responsibility. Effects may be direct or indirect.
In broad terms, economic responsibility aims to promote the welfare of the society. A company is economically responsible for its owners, staff and other stakeholders. Economic responsibility can be imposed on various levels and in varying degree.
Kupariteollisuuspuisto fulfils its economic responsibility, for example, by
- creating added value to its owners
- employing employees
- generating tax revenues, directly and indirectly
Economic responsibility is based on legislation, so the minimum requirement is compliance with prevailing laws and regulations.
Kupariteollisuuspuisto operates according to prevailing laws and regulations. Operations at Kupariteollisuuspuisto are authorised by an environmental permit. Kupariteollisuuspuisto aims to carry out all activities in the most environmentally responsible way possible, by preserving natural resources, biodiversity and regeneration.
Companies operating in Kupariteollisuuspuisto are expected to be aware of the environmental impacts of their operations and constantly strive to develop their production processes in order to minimise emissions and the adverse effects on the environment. We report accidental releases immediately.
Kupariteollisuuspuisto fulfils its environmental responsibility, for example, by
- saving energy and using energy efficient solutions
- proper processing and recycling of waste
- avoiding the use of harmful substances
- measuring the environmental impacts of its operations and carrying out necessary measures to minimise emissions.
The companies in Kupariteollisuuspuisto deliver products for applications that utilise renewable energy sources.
Social responsibility is a broad concept that extends from the promotion of sustainable development and the respect and protection of human rights to society’s responsible and transparent decision-making. In business life, social responsibility concerns primarily a company’s staff, but indirectly also partners, products and the society.
Kupariteollisuuspuisto fulfils its social responsibility, for example, by
- training and developing its staff
- promoting the wellbeing of employees
- developing occupational safety
- promoting equality and diversity among employees
- implementing programs to promote the health and wellbeing of employees
- implementing anti-discrimination policies
- recognising freedom of assembly and association
- respecting the rights of local societies
- rejecting child and forced labour
- supporting staff’s voluntary activities
- employing summer help
- offering apprenticeship or other training opportunities to students
- supporting local sports activities.
Kupariteollisuuspuisto companies comply with environmental policies and operate in accordance with a valid environmental permit and prevailing laws and regulations in order to protect the environment in the most efficient way possible. The companies’ operations have been granted the ISO 14001:2015 certificate. We regularly report data on waste and emissions to air, soil and water resulting from our operations to the authorities. Our operations are also assessed by our customers and audits are carried out by an independent accredited actor.
Kupariteollisuuspuisto companies possess the following certificates: